Teaching - Resume
Download Printable Resume (Click Here)
Teacher / Coach
COACHING SUMMARY - As a member of The Actors Studio for over twenty years, working most recently with actors and writers privately, leading them through sense memory exercises to unlock and use memories towards deepening acting and writing.
TEACHING SUMMARY - Extensive experience in teaching creative drama coupled with creative writing in support of any curriculum as well as to empower students of all ages to identify and communicate ideas and feelings, celebrate individuality and strengthen interpersonal skills.
Guest Artist, Readers Theatre Workshop, Bennington College, VT
Read from my historical fiction, Silkie Girl, Q&A, critiqued theatre students’ rehearsal of Dylan Thomas radio play, Under Milk Wood.
DRAMA / WRITING TEACHER
Medical Center Nursery School, NYC
- Led creative theatre program for children (ages 2-6) combining art, singing, puppetry, acting out of storybooks and child-created plays.
Northport-East Northport Schools, Long Island, NY
All Souls Unitarian Sunday school, NYC
- Coordinated drama/art/writing workshops for children (ages 5-8) with a focus on community, culminating in performance of students’ plays.
Ethical Culture School, NYC
- Full time drama teacher for 67 fourth graders.
- In support of their Social Studies, encouraged students to write and perform a play in which they acted out their ancestors’ stories.
- Directed several projects including The Wizard of Oz.
National Children’s Choir, Washington, DC
- Taught drama/movement/speech to choir members, ages 8-16.
- Adapted & directed Where the Wild Things Are & The Little Prince.
Member The Actors’ Studio, member SAG/AFTRA/EQUITY, Norman Mailer Fellow, volunteer facilitator at HeartBridge Center for Loss and Transition, co-director of chorus at Muscota New School, audiobook narrator for Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Books Library, toured w/ educational theatre to Israel & Italy, mom
Circle in the Square Theatre School, Certificate, NYC
State University of NY at Albany, BA in Theatre, English minor
Empire State Youth Theatre, Albany, NY, Acting and Teaching Intern